Wednesday, April 13, 2011

life is simple in the moonlight,

I'd like to drive. Like, legally because that's the only the parents will get me a car. I'd like to drive myself anywhere I'd like to go. I won't have to bug anyone to take me or pay the expensive cab fare. I can go anywhere I want, whenever I want.

You don't have to get all prissy when I needed to go to tuition.
Or need to get some revision books.
Or bind last minute projects.
Or fulfill my insanely outrageous food cravings.
Or get a cup of those Starbucks goodness.

I'd drive myself home.

You don't have to wait for me to call you.
Or call me when I went past 9.00 p.m.
Or get prissy when I asked you to pick me up.
Or get prissy when there's traffic jam.

I'd drive myself to school.

And you don't have to bug me to be early.
I don't have to bug you to not get me late.
I don't have to hear your whines when some car just wouldn't budge from our front gate.
I'd get to listen to Pheonix and Army Navy and it wouldn't be deemed as Satanic music.
I don't have to listen to the morning tazkirah because it does nothing to get me all hyped up.
I'd dance in the car when Travis' Selfish Jean appears in my playlist.
And it'll all be fun and fine.

I don't have to pretend that I'm absurdly happy when I reach school because I genuinely am. I don't have to hate myself for wanting to whine because I no longer need to whine that I'm late because of you. I don't have to hear all those crappy pop songs on radio because I'll put in my own mix CD and I'll be dancing and dancing. I'll be genuinely cheery. There's no need to fake it.

But truthfully, I won't get it and you won't get me. I'm far too young and will always be far too young. Far too reckless, far too relentless. I'd drive high and low and you wouldn't let me experience such joy. You'll still have to send me to school, I will always have to hear your grumpy grunts and whiny whines and I will never be early ever again.

Current Location: somewhere I've never been to.
Current Mood: angry and better and better and better. Satisfied!
Current Music: Undercover Martyn- Two Door Cinema Club

p/s this girl will never stay.

No comments: