Friday, November 27, 2015

because i'm missing more than just your body

It's 7.34 pm in Cardiff. Back home, it's 3.34 am.

People would say it's homesickness.
The constant counting of the time back home.
Liking Justin Bieber's songs because the only time I hear them is when I'm driving around town with my friends.
The lack of my face in my Instagram posts because I don't feel like posting them without my friends.

Some people have it come quickly and it passes but unfortunately, not me.

It creeps up on me.

The Taff River reminds me of my last few days spent in Malaysia, driving two hours to a waterfall. Coming late and had to settle for the creek. Coming early, spent two hours lost climbing the wrong hill to nowhere in midday. The splash of the waterfall as it hits the rocks. The cool of the water. Naturally, the place itself was beautiful but the experience made it much more beautiful.

The songs on Spotify that I don't usually listen to but I do because... they were on the radio all the time back when I was in Malaysia.

The rare nights I spend in cars in Cardiff reminds me of driving home with my friends from ridiculous outings that began with

Where do you wanna go?
I don't know, you decide?
No, you decide!
Oh god, kita dah nak dekat traffic light kot, turn right ke go left ke go straight ke omg nak gi mana?
*goes right*
You nak gi mana?
I don't know, I panicked!

The longer I stay, the worse it becomes. Why did I decide to make my last weeks back home the best weeks of my life? Things would have been better for me here had I ruined the memories of home...

But how would you know that it would hit you the hardest when you were listening to Nico and Vinz's Am I Wrong? 

Six months and a couple of odd weeks before I get to go home. Hot, humid, sunny, densely populated home.

Little did I know that I would miss the traffic. Lights, sure. Traffic, really?

Current Location: 3 x 7 square metre room
Current Mood: tired
Current Music: Rudimental ft Emeli Sande- Free

No comments: